How to make the perfect espresso?
With the right technique and considering some hints it‘s very easy.
The following tips can help you get it all right.
- Make sure the coffee is always fresh. The flavors fade away super quickly as soon as oxygen is added to the ground coffee.
- 14-20g of ground coffee should land in the portafilter. Then you smooth the coffee powder so you can squeeze the coffee with the tamper.
- Tamp a pressure of about 15-30 kg on the ground coffee. Later, the water needs this amount of pressure to run through evenly.
- Put the cups are under the portafilter and open the lever. The espresso runs about 20 - 30 seconds.
- Coffee is very sensitive to temperatures. Pro Tip: Preheat your cup on the cup tray or the unsing the hot water dispenser.
Which degree of grinding is right?
When the espresso flows to too fast out of the portafilter- it is to coarse.
If it flows too slow or not at all, is too fine.
You will get to the right grinding degree after a few tries.