How do I make the perfect espresso?
With the right technique and by taking some of our hints into consideration, it‘s very easy.
The following tips can help you get it all right.
- Make sure the coffee is always fresh. The flavors fade away super quickly as soon as freshly ground coffee is exposed to the air.
- 14-20g of ground coffee should land in the porta filter. Then you smooth the coffee powder so you can press the grounds down with the tamper.
- Tamp at a pressure of about 15-30 kg on the ground coffee. Later, the water needs this amount of pressure to run through evenly.
- Put the cups under the porta filter and open the lever. The espresso runs through for about 20 - 30 seconds.
- Coffee is very sensitive to temperatures. Pro-Tip: Preheat your cup on the cup tray or by using the hot water dispenser.
Which degree of grinding is right?
If the espresso flows too quickly out of the porta filter- it is too coarse.
If it flows too slowly or not at all, is too fine.
You will get the right degree of grinding after a few tries.